Yum Corrupted?!

Hi,
I think my yum has been corrupted. This is the error I get when I run yum

Code:
yum update
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/fedora/linux/Null/i386/dries/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:05:16 GMT
Server: Apache
Content-Length: 376
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Code:
 yum update --disablerepo=dries,core,updates,extras
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/fc6/mirrors-freshrpms error was
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:09:05 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.2 (Unix)
Content-Length: 312
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
I have tried deleting all the repos and rewriting them but no joy. Also when I tried installing a
rpm package and this is the error I got;

Code:
[root@laptop sidd]# rpm -ivh *.rpm
warning: freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b
error: Failed dependencies:
        /bin/sh is needed by freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch
I am running FC6 by the way. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Isn't it ironic that only intelligent people understand the meaning of "ignorance is bliss"?
Old 1st November 2006, 05:23 AM
Jman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy20013
Hi,

Code:
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/fedora/linux/Null/i386/dries/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml:
The null part isn't good, it looks like your release number isn't defined. What does
Code:
rpm -q fedora-release
ouput?

Try disabling freshrpms by editing enabled=1 to enabled=0 in your freshrpms.repo file.
Old 2nd November 2006, 06:34 AM
jimmy20013 Offline

Thanks for the reply Jman. I forgot to mention that I had changed the null part to my release number but still it gave me the error.
After some head banging I figured out what was wrong. For some reason after the initial update, FC6 comments out the baseurl in the repos file. All my baseurls were commented out. I uncommented them and yum was fixed.

I think it is a problem specific to computers with cpu family number 6 because all my computers having cpu family number 6 had this problem. I will install FC6 on my other PC's and verify this and then maybe file a bugzilla.

Isn't it ironic that only intelligent people understand the meaning of "ignorance is bliss"?
Old 4th November 2006, 07:58 PM
rotsee Offline

Thanks Jimmy! You finally helped me figure out what was wrong. I have been going crazy over Yum since upgrading to Fedora 6, but now that you mention it I notice that all the baseurl lines are commented out.

Tags
corrupted, yum