Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th October 2006, 08:37 PM
Dubious Dave Offline

Unhappy FC install resource no longer available.

Just to let everyone know. The much loved FC installation notes from Stan Finley may not be generated for FC6 since he has moved to Ubuntu.

http://stanton-finley.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=666

He highly recommends switching.
Old 26th October 2006, 08:47 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
I spoke to Stan just the other day and his work is tying him up a bit, so the notes will be a bit late, but I'm confident that they'll be coming along when he can get to them. And, there's also the FAQ that will be coming out as well as http://easylinux.info/wiki/Fedora_fc5 which I anticipate will be updated too.

Personally, I've always loved Stan's style and techniques and hope he can and will find the time, no matter what distro he's interested in, but he's a person with obligations and interests and has been doing this out of the goodness of his heart. If he chooses not to, we should continue to be grateful for all he's done.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 27th October 2006, 02:34 AM
Flyboy917 Offline

Holy Cow,
Stan was instrumental in my final switch to Linux. His guides were a technical Godsend for geeks.
I respect his choice and, I'll hip pocket it. On the other hand, I'm still not a Linux Guru and if your not a Linux Guru but are comfortable with Fedora, switching to Ubuntu can mean relearning A LOT. There are many similarities, and many subtle differences.

FWIW
Old 27th October 2006, 03:55 AM
iamroot Offline

Well. Stanley's FC5 guide works pretty much the same for FC6. Except for the nvidia drivers part for which FC6 requires more work to get AIGLX working. The other instructions worked fine for me.

Tags
install, longer, resource