Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th September 2006, 04:38 PM
SoldierSvejk Offline

Question NTP problem: dhclient-script changes ntp.conf

Hello Fedoraphiles,

I can't get my ntp to work. The problem is that /sbin/dhclient-script changes my ntp.conf file at every boot, so all my changes (local ntp servers etc.) are lost. I tried to put my ntp servers in different parts of the ntp.conf file and it didn't work. Therefore I decided to prevent dhclient-script from changing my ntp.conf file - with no success, unfortunately. I tried to do it by creating the /etc/dhclient.conf file with the following option (SuSE fora suggestion):

Quote:
DHCLIENT_MODIFY_NTP_CONF="no"
but it didn't help, the ntp.conf file was changed at every boot. I also tried moving this file to different locations (say /etc/dhc3) - no success, though.

My questuon is - does anyone know how to prevent dhclient-script from changing ntp.conf file without editing the script itself? Great thanks for all suggestions!

Tags
dhclientscript, ntp, ntpconf, problem

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search