Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th August 2006, 03:51 PM
Chris NS Offline

Computer reboots after "Uncompressing Linux ... OK, booting the kernel"

I'm trying to install Fedora on a laptop that simply refuses to co-operate. I've been using FC4 disks because it's got a bug with FC5 about not finding kernel images. When using FC4, I can type linux or linux text fine, but as soon as I get to the message "Uncompressing Linux ... OK booting the kernel, it reboots for no apparent reason.

When using the workaround for FC5, I get an error message called "Unknown interrupt or fault at [hexadecimal numbers that might as well be in Chinese" then it reboots.

Can anyone work out the problem?
Old 31st August 2006, 09:32 AM
Chris NS Offline

OK, problem solved:

http://forum.fedoraforum.org/forum/s...d.php?t=115356

Only, in my case I had to write /isolinux/vmlinuz initrd=/isolinix/initrd.img instead of linux.

Installation running, now all I have to do is pray that this boots once I've installed it.

Tags
reboots

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On