Seems like with a clean install some updates have to be done ing order. It seemed tile cups, hal and one lib "Broke" the update process. Wish I could be more spacific. Hey jman can you check my how to at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=120913
. I think it's good (from noob to noob) I did find a work around and it's posted there. Here's a hint for newbs out there
1) goto fedora.com pick a close mirror
2) open /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo with sudo gedit(or whatever type of repo needed, I wanted to change path to updates.)
3) follow mirror path (ftp if possable) to release version Mine was ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/fedor...dates/5/x86_64
4) Use logic. compare fedora-updates.repo baseurl to the path in firefox (Hint $releasever means release versoun and $basearch is your 386, ppc or _64.
5) copy necessary entry [updates] for me and paste after last entry. replace base url with firefox address ( #baseurl=ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/core/updates/5/x86_64 for me) make sure it's enabled enable=1
6) Disable original entry enable=0 and save
7) get updates w/ software updater
8) If you want after updates you can edit etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo , disable tne new repo and re-enable default repo by changeing enable=?.
If any guru's think I'm wrong poease say something. I only think I know what i'm doing. Good day and good luck.