
Originally Posted by
ViperAFK
Can somoene please tell me how I can find what version of GTK i am running? I am trying to install a gtk engine (ubuntulooks) and need to know, also one other question, how do I find out what my hardware is in fedora? (find out what gfx card I have ect..)
Hello:
One way is as follows, I am sure there are others.
rpm -aq | grep gtk
and look for the main rpm for example, this is the one I searched for:
$ rpm -ql --info gtk2-2.8.20-1 |less
PHP Code:
Name : gtk2 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.8.20 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release : 1 Build Date: Sun 02 Jul 2006 02:11:52 PM EDT
Install Date: Mon 10 Jul 2006 07:30:36 PM EDT Build Host: hs20-bc2-3.build.redhat.com
Group : System Environment/Libraries Source RPM: gtk2-2.8.20-1.src.rpm
Size : 16296931 License: LGPL
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Mon 10 Jul 2006 05:15:11 PM EDT, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2Packager : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL : http://www.gtk.org
Summary : The GIMP ToolKit (GTK+), a library for creating GUIs for X.
Description :
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
suites.
/etc/gtk-2.0
/etc/gtk-2.0/i686-redhat-linux-gnu
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders-32
/usr/bin/gtk-demo
/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0-32
/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache
To identify your video card, open a terminal and:
$ /sbin/lspci | grep -i vga
Seve