Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th July 2006, 01:00 AM
Borongas Offline

How to install vmware

Will somedody please help me, I am a total linux noob. I downloaded vmware to my desktop and have no idea what to do from here. I unzipped a file and it installed something but I cant find vmware anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th July 2006, 02:56 AM
Seve Offline
Retired Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borongas
Will somedody please help me, I am a total linux noob. I downloaded vmware to my desktop and have no idea what to do from here. I unzipped a file and it installed something but I cant find vmware anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hello:
There are several well written how-to's :http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...ghlight=vmware
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...ghlight=vmware
etc
Seve
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)
Old 26th July 2006, 03:00 AM
Spookster Offline

I assume you are talking about VMWare server? They have different products. Well I would start by reading the installation section of the VMWare server manual.

http://pubs.vmware.com/server1/wwhel...tml/wwhelp.htm
Old 26th July 2006, 07:05 PM
Borongas Offline

Yea I followed all the steps in every article I could find but it still dosnt help. After everything I type or command I give it says **** like invalid or cant find or your stupid... I typed it in just like I was supposed to but nothing helps.. If some kind soul could please find it in there hearts and in there time to please walk me through this I would be forever gratefull.
Old 26th July 2006, 08:58 PM
brunson Offline

We'd like to help you, but statements like "it says **** like invalid or cant find or your stupid..." are absolutely no help.

Try reading this: http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and when you're done come back here and post exact names of files you installed, exact versions of the software and cut-n-paste the exact commands you're running and the exact error messages.

Are you seeing a theme? Exactness is a good thing, being vague... not so much.
Registered Linux User #4837
411th in line to get sued by Micro$oft
Quote:
Basically, to learn Unix you learn to understand and apply a small set of key ideas and achieve expertise by expanding both the set of ideas and your ability to apply them - Paul Murphy

Tags
install, vmware