Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th July 2006, 06:58 PM
OperatorOne Offline

Unhappy Just REinstalled... NO DVD?!?

Ok, yesterday I had a disastrous issue and had to reinstall my FC5 setup due to lack of experience and no time to attempt repairs. Everything is back up and ok, except when I put a DVD into my DVDRW drive, it comes up as a CD and nothing is listed as being on the DVD.

WTF? this worked great before and now it's broken. It's like I can have 2/3rds of my system operational at a time but never the whole thing. Im about to buy a new notebook for work and want one that is great for Linux, any suggestions would be great. In the meantime, does anyone have a clue how I can get my DVD drive up and working?

Thanks in advance,

P.S. It reads and mounts CD's just fine, I have no issues reading CDs... and before the inevitable is asked, YES I am sure it's a DVDRW, I was using it up until yesterday when I reinstalled.

Last edited by OperatorOne; 13th July 2006 at 07:01 PM.

Tags
dvd, reinstalled

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules