Couple FC5 Questions.
When removing packages, is there any way to remove the dependencies aswell? (ie. amarok uses a whole **** load of dependencies. If I remove amarok, it only removes the amarok packages, leaving the dependencies alone even if its not a dependencie of something else)
1. Package Management - How do you guys go about package management, I noticed I did a fresh install of FC5, ran an update right away and notice icons for Amarok are no longer in the menu (how often do you guys update packages/distributions?)
2. Creating a Symbolic Link - ln -s /mirror/profiles /home
/mirror = fstab of another hard drive, inside the profiles folder, it has my actual user profile. When I execute the command above, it adds the link as /home/profile. So in order to make it correctly, I would of had to do ln -s /mirror/profiles/username /home, is there anyway create a link that pretty much says, anything inside profiles = home directory
3. What are "devel" pacakges and "c headers" ?
4, What program can do this - I want to play a VCD (music karaoke) and record the audio coming from it to make a CD. I'm assuming I can run a cable audio out -> audio in on the sound card, but what program can record audio input?
5, How do I automatically start a program upon boot? (ie. gdesklets)
6. I noticed /etc/init.d/ has services kept there and I can reload them or whatever. Normally do services get put in there automatically or do I manually need to put them in there? (ie. dhcp)
7. How do I disable automount (ie. when i insert a cd)