Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th May 2006, 03:58 PM
lunitek Offline

Unhappy Problems with FC5 DVD Kickstart Install

I'm relatively new to FC5 and have been trying to create a simple kickstart dvd for a number of servers that I have to configure. After muddling thru the process of creating a DVD from the original iso and the kickstart file using system-config-kickstart, I now have a DVD that passes the media check (implantmd5sum) and is recognized as a valid installation disk (.diskinfo). I have copied my ks.cfg file to root of the DVD. I modified isolinux.cfg so it contains a new label with ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg.

label foo
append ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img

When I boot from the disk and enter "foo" at the boot prompt the install starts correctly; however, none of the information from my kickstart file appears to be read. (NOTE: I have "interactive" set so I can test my options).

Any thoughts?
Old 24th May 2006, 04:18 PM
lunitek Offline

Correction, I used implantisomd5 to pass the media check.

Follow up: When I boot I see that my kickstart file is attempting to be read from the cdrom, but fails to mount. Could this be due to the fact that I am using an external usb dvd drive instead of the internal cdrom drive?

Tags
dvd, fc5, install, kickstart, problems