<---- template headericclude ----->
How can I install Fedora 5 DVD from CD or floppy
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    professor chen Guest

How can I install Fedora 5 DVD from CD or floppy

I have a Fedora 5 DVD and I can't install from it because my machine's BIOS will not recognise the DVD at boot time. However it is recognised by the OS after booting.

Is it possible to create cd or floppy that will install from the DVD once it is recognised after booting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have multiple devices (a dvd and a cdrom)? if so, you can burn the boot.iso out of the dvd to a cdrom and then you should be able to boot and choose a hd install from which you define your path to dvd...

this should work.

btw: are you shure your dvd is not recognised by the bios? this is nearly impossible...every os can only detect what's detected by bios....have you set the correct boot order in bios and burned a correct dvd-image??
    Last edited by liro; 19th May 2006 at 07:10 AM.
    some tips and small doc's of fedora core linux setup [german] http://www.liro.ch

xerxesfedora Guest
    Do you have latest bios in your machine. Is your bios upgradable? If yes upgarde it following the instruction given in the web page of your maindboard.

professor chen Guest
    I have been able to do it. I created a CD boot disk from the DVD first, copied the DVD to the hard disk as an ISO, replaced the DVD with CD and rebooted and it worked.

Yes the BIOS cannot recognise DVDs. I used 2 different DVDs and both were not recognised. It is an eMachines 270 and I can't find a BIOS for it. The board is manufactured by Trigem Innternational