I have a new dell system that came with Window XP installed.
I used partion magic to reduce my windows partition down by 50GB.
I downloaded FC5 install CDs and booted off the first one.
* At the boot: prompt I just hit enter to do a graphical install.
* I skipped the media test
* I click "Next" and pick English
* I click "Next" and pick U.S. English
* now I choose "create custom layout" and click next
Now I see:
type format sizeMB start end
V Hard Drives
/dev/hda1 vfat 31 1 4
/dev/hda2 ntfs 55592 5 7091
Free free space 55608 7092 14180
/dev/hda3 ntfs yada yada yada
/dve/hda4 vfat etc etc etc
I highlight the "Free space" and then click the "New" button.
The "Add Partition" dialog box appears and I try and make
the '/' partitions by setting:
- Mount point to '/'
- File System type to 'ext3'
- Size(MB) 1000
- "Fixed size"
- X Force to be priamry partitions
Then I click the "OK" button then BOOM!
I get the "Error Partitioning" error message box which says:
Could not allocate requested partitions: Partitioning failed:
Could not allocate partitions as primary partitions.
So ... I can't create any linux partitions ... and can't install Fedora Core 5
Please tell what I am doing wrong.