Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th May 2006, 11:26 PM
nburaq Offline

Internet connection problem or what?

hi everyone
i have been using suse for a long time and i decided to switch to fedore core 5 two days ago.installation was successful and everything was ok except one thing.internet connection was working with firefox web browser nicely.however when i try to connect to google.com or yahoo.com or most popular websites my internet connection does not work!!! and also firefox is working so slowly too!!!
i removed firefox and reinstalled it and the problem still continued and i am using laptop.my laptop uses sis 900 pci eth.card i have acer aspire 5002wlmi.
pls can u find a solution for me
thanks a lot...
Old 7th May 2006, 11:34 PM
KillaKell Offline

Have you done ping tests and traceroutes to make sure its the browser that is causing your problems?
Old 7th May 2006, 11:43 PM
nburaq Offline

yep i did ping tests especially to www.google.com and it works.when i update my fedora core via yum i can download all the updates from internet.so it shows that i have internet connection.and also i can open www.gnome.org and some of websites.i really cant understand what is happening?
Old 7th May 2006, 11:47 PM
Firewing1 Offline

Do you have DNS servers set in your configuration?
Firewing1
Old 7th May 2006, 11:55 PM
nburaq Offline

actually all my internet connection settings was done by fedora and it was configured by dhcp.it means it took all settings from automatically from my d-link adsl modem.
Old 7th May 2006, 11:58 PM
nburaq Offline

by the way when i try to connect my msn and yahoo messengers via gaim it doesnt connect.however my kopete works very well.now i am thinking that gnome 2.14 for x64 have a lot of problems?
Old 8th May 2006, 12:09 AM
KillaKell Offline

That is very strange...I really dont even know where to go from there. Seems like it would be a browser problem, but with you reinstalling it that should have been taken care of. Sorry I can't help more but maybe someone else that is a bit more familiar with firefox can be of assistance.

Tags
connection, internet, problem