Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st April 2006, 09:01 PM
holrd Offline

Promise tx4200 raid driver install problem

Im trying to put a promise tx4200 raid card in my FC3 installation. The card is in and the array is built, raid 1. where im getting hung up is after i downloaded the drivers from promise i unpacked them only to find the instructions say to write the driver to a floppy drive. the computer im trying to install this on doesnt have a floppy drive nor a connection to put one in. the file is a .img file and it contains the sh setup. im not sure what to do to access the file, or unpack the img file to a folder so i can run sh setup out that. i hope this makes. please let me know if you need any more info.

to recap
promies tx4200
dell sc420
FC3

thanks

Tags
driver, install, problem, promise, raid, tx4200

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies