Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Suggestions & Feedback
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Suggestions & Feedback Have suggestions, feedback or just plain questions regarding FedoraForum.org? Post them here. (We reserve the right to poke fun at you or just ignore them).

Old 15th April 2006, 01:42 AM
Seve Offline
Retired Community Manager

Thumbs up Thanks to the Moderators

Hello:
I have been a member of the forums here for a while and I thought I should just say thanks to all the moderators. There are so many [thousands] of posts and from what I have seen you folks have done an excellent job of helping and enlightening users. I have no clue as how many flame wars etc. that you have had to extinguish, however, in my opinion you folks have been providing a great service, even if the pay is less than market rate.
Once again thanks

Seve
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)
Old 15th April 2006, 02:54 AM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
Thank you, Seve, for that completely unbiased opinion. Your check is in the mail....
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 15th April 2006, 03:37 AM
Seve Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Thank you, Seve, for that completely unbiased opinion. Your check is in the mail....
bob your the greatest......please don't use the mail .. try fedex....

Thanks again for all your dedication and hard work...it really is appreciated.

Seve
Old 15th April 2006, 03:38 AM
GallComp Offline
Nuke 'em Alfred! Administrator - Starring in Bill & Steve's Bogus Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve
in my opinion you folks have been providing a great service, even if the pay is less than market rate.
Tell me about it, two peanuts a day isn't enought to survive this days... I will make a demand for at least 4 peanuts as base salary...

Thank You! But please don't call us moderators, we are Comunity Managers (sounds cooler)...

"Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy. "

BILL GATES...
Old 15th April 2006, 03:39 AM
w5set Offline

Ditto CM's for me too.
What he (Seve) said.
Y'all make it a pleasure to read/post here.
Y'all are just like good neighbors, although I do believe a fence makes a good neighbor even better (my neighbors keep horses).
Old 15th April 2006, 03:49 AM
Seve Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallComp
Tell me about it, two peanuts a day isn't enought to survive this days... I will make a demand for at least 4 peanuts as base salary...

Thank You! But please don't call us moderators, we are Comunity Managers (sounds cooler)...
Please accept my apologies "Comunity Managers" is much better .. I agree. Nonetheless kudos!
Old 8th May 2006, 01:47 PM
JN4OldSchool Offline
"Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep

I would like to add my thanks to all the community managers too. It is a big active forum and y'all do a fine job keeping things sane. I just wanted to take this opportunity to kiss up to y'all and I just had to get that Avatar size thread off the index. Been there for days and it's closed!
Old 8th May 2006, 03:52 PM
sej7278 Offline

yeah the mods do a good job putting out the flame wars.

i was thinking though, with so many n00bs not bothering to search, how about a big kull of a lot of the old threads, and making a wiki out of all of the sticky/faq type of things (like ntfs and webcams!)

i know there's fedorafaq, but that doesn't help us get rid of the crap duplicates etc. here.
Old 8th May 2006, 04:08 PM
wdgiles Offline
Still Nothing

yes, three cheers for all the "Cm's". They are always quick to respond to reported double posts and always offer friendly adn helpful advice to all who ask.

bg
Too many other pc's - some that are even still running.
Old 8th May 2006, 04:52 PM
Firewing1 Offline

Thanks! It is very time consuming, but worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by sej7278
yeah the mods do a good job putting out the flame wars.
i was thinking though, with so many n00bs not bothering to search, how about a big kull of a lot of the old threads, and making a wiki out of all of the sticky/faq type of things (like ntfs and webcams!)
i know there's fedorafaq, but that doesn't help us get rid of the crap duplicates etc. here.
I've tried - My Linux Questions Answered and Newb's guide to resizing & installing NTFS answers all that but yet somehow those questions still come up...
Firewing1
Old 8th May 2006, 05:27 PM
JN4OldSchool Offline
"Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep

Quote:
I've tried - My Linux Questions Answered and Newb's guide to resizing & installing NTFS answers all that but yet somehow those questions still come up...
Firewing1
I have noticed this in the other forums I frequent too. Once you have been around for a while you see all the same questions pop up again over and over. Seems like every newbie has the exact same problems. We need to remember though, to the newbie this is new and it is a crisis for them at this moment. And a lot of the time it is just easier to ask instead of wadeing through tons of links and threads. This is why guides like Stanton Finley's site are so important. I just wish FC5 would provide a link for this forum and Stanton's site in an obvious place on the install. Anyway, from what I have seen, the quality "answer" guys in here are very patient and willing to take the time to answer the same question for the nth time. We all need to look up to them and use them as an example and dont tell a newbie with a life and death question to "just search the forum..."Either take the time to answer, provide them a link or at least suggest where to look. Dont just chew them out. A lot of times a newbie just doesnt have the lingo or knowledge to even know what they are looking for.

Last edited by JN4OldSchool; 8th May 2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 9th May 2006, 04:46 AM
Jman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN4OldSchool
I just wish FC5 would provide a link for this forum and Stanton's site in an obvious place on the install.
FC5's Firefox has a link on the personal tool bar to fedoraforum.org, under community sites. Which is pretty cool.
Old 9th May 2006, 05:58 AM
codergeek42 Offline

I completely agree. I'm a moderator on a couple of other (rather big) forums and I know from experience that it can sometimes be a dreary and thankless task. Thank you all for your excellent work and your diligence in keeping this place running smoothly!
~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( My Blog: A day (or more) in the life of a CS & Language student... ) :: ( Supporter of the EFF & FSF ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
Old 9th May 2006, 09:24 AM
sej7278 Offline

maybe you could force a link to fedorafaq, stanton-finley et al onto all new registered user's signatures or something.

i've seem some forums disable posting until you've been registered a while, so you can't just register and ask a stupid question on your first (and only) post without searching/lurking for a while.
Old 9th May 2006, 04:26 PM
sailor Offline
Administrator

Location: San Antonio, Texas - Home of the Alamo, the "Cradle of Texas Liberty"
Thanks Seve...your words are appreciated

Fedora 20 - Lenovo IdeaPad V570