Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th December 2009, 05:03 PM
Dies Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedoralinuxuser View Post
I am entitled to my opinion and so are you.
In the end they are opinions.

However, when a POLICY e,g, SELinux takes over the control to the operating system Linux, then it is n othing else than dictatorship if you cannot switch the policy off properly, which I believe is the case.

You think you remove SELinux just to find that it is still sowing havoc. SELinux is like a terminator movie..the beast just keep on coming never mind how many times you switch it off.

The telltale sign of dictatorships is that opposing truths are not tollerated.
You can roll your eyes till you get lucky sevens, but there is a huge groundswell developing against SELinux. If it continues like this, there will be silent defection from Linux.

I however try to speak up if I see something that can hurt Linux, rather than to take the attaboy path.
a.) You were already told how to disable SELinux at the kernel level with a simple switch. It doesn't get more disabled than that.

b.) Hate SELinux? Then do the smart thing and choose from one of a zillion other distros that don't use it by default. Instead of picking one of the few that does then complaining on their forum like some kind of crackpot conspiracy theorist.
Old 8th December 2009, 05:21 PM
leigh123linux Online
Retired Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Thread closed as it's going nowhere.
Closed Thread

Tags
remove, selinux