Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th March 2004, 03:20 PM
Ken41 Offline

Broken Packages

I just downloaded & installed apt-get and synaptic from Fedora WiKi,and now synaptic indicates that broke three packages. I can see the three packages. What should I do now?
Remove the broken ones or remove the new ones? Ken
Old 28th March 2004, 04:40 PM
grommer Offline

in synaptic under actions, there's an option to fix broken packages, that should take care of it.

also, I find it a lot easier to let apt-get to handle most dependencies as that's what it's made for. in my opinion it handles deps. extremely well. just my two cents.

Tags
broken, packages

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fix broken packages freenity Using Fedora 2 3rd July 2008 07:44 PM
Forced removal of broken packages JN4OldSchool Using Fedora 7 16th February 2008 06:07 PM
Broken packages in FC6 someone fix them! 105547111 EOL (End Of Life) Versions 3 3rd July 2007 08:58 AM
How to fix broken packages using Yum Deb Using Fedora 5 11th November 2006 08:31 PM
Broken Packages and apt wants to get rid of KDE, other probs. akbowbender Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 14 28th July 2005 11:35 AM

Current GMT-time: 05:09 (Tuesday, 23-12-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members