Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th December 2009, 01:56 AM
dbreton Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
/boot/upgrade after preupgrade

Hi,

I upgraded to Fedora 12 from Fedora 11 using preupgrade. It worked, however there is still an entry in my grub.conf saying "title Upgrade to Fedora 12 (Constantine)" and there is also a folder called /boot/upgrade with the two files initrd.img and vmlinuz in it. Is it normal that all this is still present on my system even after a succesful upgrade? Can I safely remove that folder and the corresponding entry in grub.conf? Is there anything else that the upgrade process did not remove?

Thanks,
David
Old 4th December 2009, 03:54 AM
RahulSundaram Online

linuxfedorafirefox
Hi,

You should be able to able to remove that without any issues.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:55 AM
rgaelzer Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I ran preupgrade successfully in my dual-boot system, but the grub.conf was not modified to include "title Upgrade to Fedora 12 (Constantine)" , although the /boot/upgrade directory was created.
I have 28MB free in the /boot partition, so I guess free space is not the issue here.
Is there any model grub.conf containing the upgrade instructions I could use to modify mine?

Thanks.

Tags
or boot or upgrade, preupgrade