Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st May 2012, 11:21 AM
bigboss2200 Offline
Wondering Where I Am

linuxchrome
Unhappy External Monitor + Gnome 3 = Ultimate Crash :(

Dear All..

Greetings..

I've been trying to connect my external monitor to the laptop in Gnome3 since 1 week now, and nothing seem to work..! The second I connect the external monitor, my laptop monitor flirts twice, and then:

Quote:
Oh no! Something has gone wrong
A problem has occurred & the system cant recover
Please log out & try again
And that's it.. Try to log in again and the same problem presets..! The error presents when tying to log in to Gnome3 or Cinnamon session, while in MATE environment, it works perfectly..

As a side notes:
1- I've been having lots of troubles with my Nvidia driver, as GNOME refuses to works properly under it, so I removed the driver and GNOME3 is working now (without no external monitor connected).. [Previous driver was installed under (yum install nvidia-kmod command)].
2- There is an error message that occurs regularly now (detected a crash in caja-1.2..), dunno if its related to my external display problem or not..
3- I tried to navigate to /etc/X11 to post my xorg.conf file, but I found only the following files:

Code:
[Faris@localhost X11]$ ls
applnk      xinit             xorg.conf.d
fontpath.d  Xmodmap           xorg.conf.xorg-x11-drv-nvidia_uninstalled
prefdm      xorg.conf.backup  Xresources
which one should I post?

General Information
Kernel Version: 3.3.5-2.fc16.i686
Display Card: nVidia Geforce Go 7600
Driver Installed: NO

Best Regards,

Tags