Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:32 AM
AdamW Offline
Fedora QA Community Monkey

linuxfirefox
Fedora GNOME 3 Test Day #1 coming tomorrow

The first of three Fedora project GNOME 3 Test Days is taking place tomorrow (Thursday 2011-02-03) in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC. Join others and the GNOME development team to test out GNOME 3 and help make sure it's stable and polished! The testing is easy, can be done from a live image so there's no need to have Fedora installed or to be a Fedora user, and you can help out with just ten minutes of your time. This blog post has more details on the event and how you can get involved.
http://www.happyassassin.net
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:38 AM
tox

windows_7firefox
Re: Fedora GNOME 3 Test Day #1 coming tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
The first of three Fedora project GNOME 3 Test Days is taking place tomorrow (Thursday 2011-02-03) in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC. Join others and the GNOME development team to test out GNOME 3 and help make sure it's stable and polished! The testing is easy, can be done from a live image so there's no need to have Fedora installed or to be a Fedora user, and you can help out with just ten minutes of your time. This blog post has more details on the event and how you can get involved.
i'd help test it but i think its gonna be just to hot for me tomorrow and i dont wanna sit at the computer in a pile of sweat
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:48 AM
japafi Offline

linuxfirefox

I have to admit that the Gnome 3 UI required some head scratching before I was proceeding with the tasks.
Didn't convince me right away, but I guess it's just a matter of unlearning old habits and learning new.
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:25 PM
AdamW Offline

linuxfirefox

detox: you can do the testing later if you like - you'll just miss the IRC component, but the wiki page has all the necessary info, and you can add results after the day is over.
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:56 PM
leigh123linux

linuxdebianfirefox

I tried the Rawhide live iso the other week and gnome-shell was default , is this going to remain so in the final release?
If so I see little value to testing it here as I will be switching to another DE.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:32 PM
tox

windows_7firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh123linux View Post
I tried the Rawhide live iso the other week and gnome-shell was default , is this going to remain so in the final release?
If so I see little value to testing it here as I will be switching to another DE.
i thought you already used KDE? XFCE4.8 looks good
Old 6th February 2011, 07:00 AM
AdamW Offline

linuxfirefox

leigh: yes, Shell is kind of the whole point of GNOME 3...
Old 6th February 2011, 07:32 AM
tox

windows_7firefox

Adam, guess what, i dunno if you saw my thread but im getting GDM flickering on the latest nightly compose again ,

but as someone else made a thread . Gnome-shell doesnt load, just loads gnome-classic i had to use gnome-shell --replace

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...=257817&page=2

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=258542

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

btw i did re-comment in that GDM Bug again in BZ