Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th July 2017, 04:40 AM
Doug Hutcheson Offline

linuxfedorachrome
postgresql problems after upgrade to F26

I have a very strange problem. I ran the dnf upgrade to 26 which worked OK after I reclaimed some space on the root partition. I downloaded and ran postgresql-upgrade, which was successful according to the log.

Now, I cannot attach to postgresql using PgAdminIII. Also, I can run psql <a valid database name> and this works, but then running '\dt' returns no table names.

I have run a pg_dumpall from the running instance and all my tables and data are there.

What am I doing wrong? (Beats head against wall - again.)

later ...

I can get PgAdminIII to connect only if I set the security level to 'trust'. Still can't get LibreOffice to connect via sdbc, but I'll keep trying.

Having security at 'trust' level is not a real solution, but it lets me keep working until the correct solution is arrived at.

Last edited by Doug Hutcheson; 16th July 2017 at 09:42 AM.

Tags
f26, postgresql, problems, upgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search