Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th June 2012, 12:53 AM
juanpa Offline

linuxchrome
how to open or share a library (libpng12.so.0)

Hi Every one,

Last week I decided to try Fedora 17 (I have been using openSUSE for almost 6 years) and I'm starting to fall in love with Fedora (right now I feel like I'm cheating openSUSE).

my problem is simple (at least that's what I think) I want to use two different programs (Dropbox deamon and Sublime text 2) both of them need this library libpng12.so.0. this is the first time that I come across with something like this and I don't have an idea about how to solve it.

if any one is able to give me a hand or even a hint I'd appreciate it a lot! :-)

have a nice day!

Last edited by juanpa; 5th June 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Solved
Old 5th June 2012, 01:30 AM
marko Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: how to open or share a library (libpng12.so.0)

This is something that 'yum provides' is good at:
Quote:
yum provides \*/libpng12.so.0
Shows that you need the package libpng-compat

Quote:
2:libpng-compat-1.5.10-1.fc17.x86_64 : Temporary backwards-compatibility copy of old libpng
Repo : fedora
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0
Old 5th June 2012, 01:47 AM
juanpa Offline

linuxchrome
Re: how to open or share a library (libpng12.so.0)

thanks a lot!!!!!!! it works!!!.

funny thing I have a PC and a laptop both with identical configurations, sublime and dropbox worked in my laptop but not in my PC

Tags
libpng12so0, library, open, share