Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th October 2012, 12:45 AM
Excomm Offline

linuxfirefox
Creative Labs SB X-Fi audio not working on F17

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get sound to work on my desktop fedora 17 installation.

[root@localhost lib]# lspci | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 06)
01:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation GF104 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
05:03.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB X-Fi

I want to use my SB X-Fi card for sound over the on board sound, but I currently have no sound on the computer.

Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Wow I feel dumb, after searching for the sound card I found this useful link

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to...sound_problems

and I was able to configure the sound correctly. Please mark as solved or delete the thread.
Old 12th October 2012, 05:18 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Creative Labs SB X-Fi audio not working on F17

Don't feel dumb... Actually, you are just the opposite..

You were able to search around and find the solution on your own. Doesn't sound too dumb to me

And don't feel bad.. Pulseaudio can be a real pain in the kazoo at times. It's getting better, but it can still be a real pita when it doesn't work right.

And you, as the originator of the thread can mark it as solved. Just go to the the "Thread Tools" menu up at the top and select "Mark this thread as solved"

Tags
audio, creative, f17, labs, working, xfi