Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st July 2009, 04:28 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

F11: "Hacking" libdrm SRPM/specfile [SOLVED]

I would like to re-build libdrm-devel (and libdrm) to include the Mach64 'include' file(s), to enable subsequent re-building of the mesa DRI driver and kmod. To date, F8 through F10, I've resorted to compiling the whole big mess from DRI GIT source code, and using checkinstall to create RPMs, but this is extremely tedious and even more of a "hack", and not reproducible (i.e.: no SRPMs available for re-build on other ARCHs).

The current stable libdrm for F11 is here: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/b...buildID=112038

After reviewing the contents of the SRPM and it's spec file, I simply edited the %files list for libdrm-devel to add in the mach64_drm.h file, but the re-build fails at the very end, when checking for missing/unpackaged files: "file glob "mach64_drm.h" not found". I've stared at the spec file and source tarball, and all the other patches and such, but I can't see where things are going wrong. Any thoughts/help appreciated.

V
Old 21st July 2009, 05:28 AM
SuperNu Offline

The problem is that the spec file removes all *_drm.h files during compilation with the line 65
Code:
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT -type f -name '*_drm.h' | xargs rm -f -- || :
In order to include mach64_drm.h, you will either have to remove this line and add
Code:
%{_includedir}/drm/i915_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/mga_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/mach64_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/nouveau_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/r128_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/savage_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/sis_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/via_drm.h
%{_includedir}/drm/xgi_drm.h
to the files section, or create a for loop like the one just below the find statement and remove all of the *_drm.h files you do not want to include.

Code:
for i in i915_drm.h mga_drm.h nouveau_drm.h r128_drm.h savage_drm.h sis_drm.h via_drm.h xgi_drm.h
do
rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include/drm/$i
done
I have attached a spec file with all the changes.

--SN
Attached Files
File Type: spec libdrm.spec (11.3 KB, 61 views)
Old 21st July 2009, 05:56 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Thanks SuperNu. I figured it was something relatively simple that I was overlooking. I saw the line above it (and the comment above that) that removes the static libs (? *.la), I guess that threw me off. I'll fire up F11 in VBox here ASAP and try again with your edits.

V
Old 21st July 2009, 07:13 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

OK, yes, that worked. I had to add radeon_drm.h to the list of files to be purged, but as you set me on the path to righteousness and enlightenment, I figured out the rest easily. Seems like a lot of extra work and hacking to get the necessary stuff. Who knows why some of these files have been moved to kernel-headers, others left in libdrm-devel, others just plain dropped (much like live hand grenades)? Only the guys at Red Hat/Fedora Project....

All fixed!

I'm not sure that I (or my machine) am up to re-building all of Mesa tonight, but hopefully it should now build with the mach64_dri.so 3D driver. That's what the mach64_drm.h header file is (apparently) needed for.

Thanks Again,
V

EDIT: F11 Mesa re-build from SRPM succeeded today (with previous minor edits to spec file) including the desired mach64_dri.so 3D driver, as well as (re)compile of the drm.ko and mach64.ko kernel modules, so the above was indeed the missing piece of the puzzle. So far all software installs/loads successfully. Testing to follow....

Last edited by Hlingler; 22nd July 2009 at 03:18 AM.

Tags
f11, hacking, libdrm, solved, srpm or specfile