Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 27th March 2012, 04:49 AM
RAWELSH Offline

linuxfirefox
F16 Bootloader Configuration Utility is still looking for GRUB directory

The Bootloader Configuration utility on my F16 installation is looking for the grub.conf file for GRUB configuration file instead of looking under GRUB2 for the grub.cfg file I want to configure dual boot with my primary hard drive being Linux and secondary hard drive as Windows. What is the best approach for doing this? I am not experienced in modifying a grub.cfg file.

From the BIOS listing, the relative order of my drives on the SATA bus are my F16 hard drive, internal DVD writer, then my Win7 hard drive. When I physically swap the realtive order of my Win7 and F16 hard drive, I boot Win7 fine.

I have tried modifying the grub.cfg file per examples in the grub documentation as follows with no luck:

menuentry 'Windows' {
drivemap -s (hd0) (hd1)
insmod chain
insmod ntfs
set root=(hd0,1)
chainloader +1
}

or

menuentry 'Windows' {
insmod chain
insmod ntfs
set root=(hd1,1)