I'm looking for help after spending several hours trying to solve it. I'm not a Linux expert, however I'm using Linux (now Fedora 17 64bit version) for several years.
The problem started after installing new Fedora 17. I am able to setup a printer (via http://localhost:631
) using drivers provided by manufacturer but when I print a (test) page, it says Job is completed but in fact it's not.
- similar problem occurs with both my printers: Brother PTouch QL-560 and Brother MFC-7840W
- printers work, I can print from other machine I have here (with fedora 16)
- scanning also works without problems
- QL-560 is connected via USB (status changes when I power the printer on/off)
- MFC-7840W is a wireless printer with fixed IP address
I have attached a complete output of cups log, maybe somebody can detect an error there. I'm completely lost with it.