I have a solution for you. Really, a definitive version of what you need to do.
Here it goes. Can we? OK!
- go here, or not: http://www.urbanterror.info/downloads/
- click download link, this one particular: http://cdn.urbanterror.info/urt/43/r...or432_full.zip
(note: don't click it from here, I only inserted the link so you can check the correct link after you point the cursor over it!!!!!! You know, to get the feel!)
- after download completes, unpack it in your favorite archive manager, if you have one. And no, it doesn't have to be sandboxed, just unpack the crap.
- to be really sure, you should check it for viruses. Now this one can be complicated, but I will make it as short as possible, I swear!
I will presume you use clamav here.
- become root and type in terminal: freshclam. This will update the clamav's database.
- then as normal user, type: clamscan -ior /path/to/urbanterror
(note: the path must be your own, I inserted it ONLY as a reference for the command!)
If no viruses are found, proceed to the final step. Guess what that is. I'm sure you're burning with curiosity by now. Yeah, me too!
Ok, here it goes:
- for x86_64 (and AMD64 too!!!!!!!) type in terminal: ./path/to/urbanterror/Quake3-UrT.x86_64
- for i686: ./path/to/urbanterror/Quake3-UrT.i386
(note: don't panic! i386 here is fully compatible with Fedora's i686!!!!!!!!)
If all the gods people made up to feel better were in good mood, your game should run now!
Some final notes:
- Other executables are only for dedicated servers and Windows.
- Game is multiplayer only and as of writing, no servers online available.
- You can press ~ in game, type map, then press tab to show map names and choose some map to load, typical Quake-like behavior.
Enjoy or not, that's up to you!!!!!!