Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th April 2012, 10:01 PM
netmonky Offline

linuxfirefox
Iplayer not working

Hi All,

I am new to fedora (16) and I have noticed I am not able to watch ITV Iplayer even though I have the flash addon installed within firefox and I am able to watch youtube etc.

When I go to watch something within Iplayer - eg The vampire diaries, it should pop up and ask if am 16 or over blah blah blah but doesnt appear to do anything but show a black screen once I click play. I have turned off pop up blocker and played about with Flash settings with no joy. I am hoping this is a known issue with a quick fix .

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

seems to work in chrome just not firefox, any ideas why?
Old 13th April 2012, 11:33 PM
bonedome Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Iplayer not working

I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago (and with 4od), I deleted the .macromedia and .adobe files from my home directory but before I could check if this was the problem there was a newer version of flash out and after that was installed it was ok.
Oh yeah forgot to mention it would work ok if noscript was completely disabled, itvplayer and 4od would not play even if they where allowed by noscript (bbc iplayer was fine)
Worked fine with opera, there's been some discussion on here lately about the incompatibility of the latest flash and latest firefox.
Anyways it's working ok for me now
Just had an idea, try using "private browsing" those pesky adobe super cookies are not kept, at least it would eliminate that as the cause.
Old 14th April 2012, 10:34 PM
netmonky Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Iplayer not working

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - I will give it a little try an report back

Tags
black screen, fedora, iplayer, working