Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st August 2013, 02:30 PM
LongTimeDabbler Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Very Frustrated with Gnome 3.8.2

FWIW - I think my "linrot" may have been due to the "sensors" gnome shell extension (supposed to measure CPU temp and others). I was getting a crapload of these

May 08 15:55:04 xxxxx /etc/gdm/Xsession[703]: (gnome-shell:824): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_text_set_text: assertion CLUTTER_IS_TEXT (self)' failed
May 08 15:55:04 xxxxx /etc/gdm/Xsession[703]: (gnome-shell:824): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_text_get_editable: assertionCLUTTER_IS_TEXT (self)' failed

as described here

https://github.com/xtranophilist/gno...sors/issues/83

if I started the gnome shell in an xterm with the --replace option.

Others have noticed problems with that extension. I disabled it and things seem even better than before when I had just disabled the animations. I guess more time will tell though.
Old 1st August 2013, 04:00 PM
Ahmad Samir Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Very Frustrated with Gnome 3.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeDabbler View Post
FWIW - I think my "linrot" may have been due to the "sensors" gnome shell extension (supposed to measure CPU temp and others). I was getting a crapload of these

May 08 15:55:04 xxxxx /etc/gdm/Xsession[703]: (gnome-shell:824): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_text_set_text: assertion CLUTTER_IS_TEXT (self)' failed
May 08 15:55:04 xxxxx /etc/gdm/Xsession[703]: (gnome-shell:824): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_text_get_editable: assertionCLUTTER_IS_TEXT (self)' failed

as described here

https://github.com/xtranophilist/gno...sors/issues/83

if I started the gnome shell in an xterm with the --replace option.

Others have noticed problems with that extension. I disabled it and things seem even better than before when I had just disabled the animations. I guess more time will tell though.
FWIW, GDM now sends the session log to journald, you can examine it with journalctl:
Code:
journalctl -xbf
(have a look at the journalctl man page for more details).

Tags
frustrated, gnome