Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st July 2005, 10:09 PM
Supa Troopa Offline

Exclamation FC4: Nvidia and OpenGL

I am having some troubles with the nVidia drivers for ym fresh install of FC4. I updated the system through yum yesterday and then i installed the nvidia driver through "init 3". everyhting went well I suppose as no errors came up. I am still having problems however with my openGL. My openGL screen savers don't even show up and the visualization in amaroK crashes amaroK. I also notice a slight lag when dragging windows. I was using FC3 as of before yesterday, and I don't remember how I installed the nvidia drivers, I think it was through yum, but I remember when FC3 would boot, I would see a little "nVidia image that was the size of ym screen for a brief second and then my system would goto the login screen. I don't even see that now so I am assuming my graphics drivers are not fully installed, or somehting is acting right. Does anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it because I am sitll kind of new to Linux, but I do have some previous knowledge on what to do and how to do it. I am just stuck because I thought I did everything right. Please help, thanks.
Old 1st July 2005, 10:21 PM
JLF_65 Offline

I've found this to be the best directions on installing the nVidia drivers in Fedora Core.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26260
Old 2nd July 2005, 02:04 AM
Supa Troopa Offline

ok I got it now, had to change some of that xorg stuff. Thanks a lot guys.

Tags
fc4, nvidia, opengl