Here is what fixed the problem for me. Login to 192.168.2.1 Go to the Wireless Channel and SSID tab on the left hand of the screen and do two things. First change the wireless mode to mixed b, g and n. Secondly go to http://tools.meraki.com/stumbler#q=
and check for any signals that might be causing interference with your signal. Change your channel to the channel with the least number of signals contacting it... This should fix your connection issue for the most part.
I have the same exact router as you and experienced the same exact problem. interesting enough, I did not have this problem when i installed CentOS or Gentoo on this computer but i experienced the problem with all other Distro's i used (Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, Debian, Mageia...) So it may be a simple issue with stability of the operating system you used.
Contradictory to the information i just shared. Belkin Surf N300 is a ****** router. It appears to have built in weaknesses to make you want to purchase the higher end browser that allows you to do the functions that your probably interested in(torrenting, stable connection, media). I'm currently looking for any open source firmware to find so i can overclock the router but if i can't find any, i am going to replace the router with one that is cheap but can be easily overclocked. I suggest you do the same.