Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd February 2006, 01:44 AM
dml Offline

Anaconda dont start in graph mode! First boot wont start after installation in text m

Hi
I'm insttaling fedora from cds. I tested all cds. When i run installation in graphical mode when starting anaconda after the detection appears a white screen, my mouse pointer i can move it, but nothing more happens. I think that the problem could be when says running anaconda on the graffical card detection it says ndvidia uknown (generic), the monitor is detected and mouse too.
If i make the installation in text mode near the end at finishing installation it gives an erros that i couldn't remeber but is operation not permitted, next it finish and says congrat and to reboot. I reboot and it starts loading the kernel then appear a screen grey with a square that has a bar and a button that says show details, i have the pointer mouse i can move it, and nothing more happen.

The installation is 32bits mode.

I Have an A8N-Sli Deluxe+Amd X2 3800+ and Geforce 6600se 256mb.

I read the forum but couldnt find the answer.

Please help me. I'm an Slackware fan... But like very much to test fedora.

thanks

Cheers

Daniel
Old 3rd February 2006, 03:35 AM
Jman Offline

Quite possibly the Red Hat Graphical Boot isn't working for you. You can disable it by booting into rescue mode or with a Live CD and editing /boot/grub/grub.conf. Remove rhgb from the kernel lines.

While your at it post some relevant bits from your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. May give some hints as to your video card and mouse.

Last edited by Jman; 13th February 2006 at 05:50 AM. Reason: BBCode mismatch strikes again!
Old 12th February 2006, 08:02 PM
maggus Offline

Hi, I have similar proble.
I trie dto boot without rhgb cernel comand and it helps up the point where X-win starts to load and then the "white screen" thing repeats again.
Question. How can I prevent fedora from booting into graphical mode automatically?

Thanks
Mike
Old 12th February 2006, 10:16 PM
Crux Offline

Mike, at the command prompt log in as root. goto /etc/

and type
nano inittab

change the run level from 5 to 3, and hit ctrl-o to save, and ctrl-x to exit.. then type reboot

GL!!!!

Registered Linux User #404549
Old 12th February 2006, 11:21 PM
maggus Offline

It seams that my problem was with "lock screen". All I needed to do is press Fn+F1 keys twice on my notebook. And FEDORA continued to load beautifully.

thanks for you advise, CRUX, because I want to desable automatic GUI mode anyway!

Tags
anaconda, boot, graph, installation, mode, start, text