Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th August 2012, 09:31 PM
XrBob Offline

windows_7chrome
Problem installing ati drivers

I've got a HD 6470M with my ASUS B43S computer. I tried following the guide here: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=155503
but I must have messed something up. When I rebooted at the end, the boot up process just stops at a screen listing many green OK's and one red failed on the left. The failed message was: "Failed to start LSB: Init script for TCSD". There are a couple OK messages afterwards, it ends at "started display manager".

This is one of those laptops with switchable graphics, it's got the discrete ati card, but also integrated intel graphics. I don't need the ati card, I was just installing the drivers for better battery life as I think it turns both cards on when it only needs one. If there's a way to revert to the intel graphics and have it never use the ati card, that could be a solution.
Old 30th August 2012, 02:29 AM
Seve Offline
Retired Community Manager

linuxfirefox
Re: Problem installing ati drivers

Can you enter the BIOS and disable the card you wish to be idle ?
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)

Tags
ati, drivers, installing, problem