Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th November 2012, 08:33 PM
rellik522 Offline

windows_8chrome
View Windows Server in Browse Network?

I have a windows server that I operate through Hamachi to share files and my printer. I had everything working before I updated the server OS, but it was more luck than skill.

Before I updated the OS, I was able to view all of my shares by going to Browse Network -> Windows Network -> "My Server Name". Everything was there. I had Samba set up, but I don't know if I configured it properly nor do I know what I should do to make it work with the new server.

I'm not a pro at Linux, especially when it comes to networking. Any help setting this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
I am able to view the shared files by adding a server but I have to reconnect every time I want to access the files. I can also print to my server printer. Apparently something is working, I just can't see the server in "Browse Network"

Last edited by rellik522; 14th November 2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Tags
browse, network, server, view, windows

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search