Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th March 2017, 07:19 AM
msaqib Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Clearing "Videos" history

Hi
I am using Fedora 25 x64 with Gnome 3 as my desktop. I am unable to clear the history of videos played in the "Videos" application which is based on the totem video player. I did some Google searches and based on that looked in ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel, but it was virtually empty. I also looked in ~/.local/share/totem directory as well, but it is completely empty.
There is no option in the UI to clear the history in "Videos". I also went to "All Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Usage and History" and hit "Clear history" but it had no effect on the Videos application.
Can anyone point out the right way to clear the Videos history?
Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 05:15 AM
msaqib Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Clearing "Videos" history

Thanks to "marko" for replying.

I ran tracker reset -f ~ to clear the indexing done on my home folder, which also cleared the history for Videos. It was caching video results from my home page pre-dominantly.
Old 21st March 2017, 09:32 AM
bobx001 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaqib View Post
Thanks to "marko" for replying.

I ran tracker reset -f ~ to clear the indexing done on my home folder, which also cleared the history for Videos. It was caching video results from my home page pre-dominantly.

My 0.02$:

the first thing I do when installing any Fedora computer is:

1. Disable SElinux
2. Remove Tracker
3. Remove baloo

And I live happily ever after.
Old 21st March 2017, 02:15 PM
SomeDamFool Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I've had no problems with SELinux, but I always disable Tracker. The thing is a major resource hog and in my experience indexing doesn't seem to find things in a search any better or quicker than without indexing. Besides, I know where everything is on my machines, so I rarely have to search for anything.

Last edited by SomeDamFool; 21st March 2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: addtl info
Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM
DBelton Online
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx001 View Post
My 0.02$:

the first thing I do when installing any Fedora computer is:

1. Disable SElinux
2. Remove Tracker
3. Remove baloo

And I live happily ever after.
Never have disabled SELinux. Never had any problems. On the contrary, it has saved me from creating problems.

It was originally developed by the NSA, but was released as open source, and now Redhat is the primary developer.

If there are issues with it, then it affects all linux mainline kernels as it has been part of the kernel since the 2.6 versions.

If there are issues due to the NSA being involved, then just disabling SELinux would not have any affect on it. You would still have the issues. (You think the NSA would make it that easy to get their hooks out of anything? )

Tags
clearing, history, videos