Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th March 2017, 04:40 PM
Cynpeterson Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Slow and Freezing

Ever since I updated to F25 my computer has been slow and constantly freezes, especially with firefox and gimp. I did a live USB install and updated everything in the terminal, but my computer is still performing subpar. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 5th March 2017, 08:19 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Slow and Freezing

which desktop environment are you using? if GNOME 3, try logging into a Xorg Session instead of Wayland (now default) and see if it performs any better.
| Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates
Old 5th March 2017, 10:33 PM
nsnbm Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Slow and Freezing

You could also try a lighter f25 installation such as the lxde spin which works well on older hardware.

Tags
freezing, slow

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search