Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th July 2014, 11:33 AM
Gaurav Prabhu Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Got something good to say? ...

Loving KDE & Fedora 20 - fast & buttery smooth even on my 3 year old computer. Thanks to all folks behind the superb release.

Running Fedora 20 KDE :)
Old 7th July 2014, 09:08 PM
lsatenstein Offline

linuxfirefox

Gnome 3 with the task extensions and a few others such as the dropdown terminal really make Gnome3 a pretty good product.

Now, if they would listen to me to .......

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840
Old 11th July 2014, 09:56 PM
CalmWind Offline

linuxfirefox
Cool Re: Got something good to say? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
... Then this is the place for it.

As we all know, part of the reason that developers don't lurk around forums is not only the herculean effort required to separate the content from the confusion, but the general tendency of folks to want to gripe long before they think to thank.

So ... let's try to help change that.

If you've got something good to say, a positive comment, or a courteous thank you to offer, please do it here.

That being said, the other ground rule is, leave the complaints elsewhere. If you haven't got something good to say, don't post here. There are places provided for that sort of thing, too. So they don't need to be here.

Alrighty then. Let us watch the flowers fall where they may!
My only complaint is that I didn't know about linux sooner. (The 2000s+ linux that is)

I remember hearing it wasn't so good in the 90's xD. Anyways I will say one thing else, thanks Linus for creating this and for all the different options.

XFCE desktop and 32 bit being my favorite options for Fedora. 64 bit is a waste of energy and bandwidth to me.

I am almost a minimalist when it comes to graphics hah.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:00 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_7chrome

Quick note to say thanks for compiling EL7 versions of polkit-gnome and gparted to leigh123linux and lkundrak

Just installed them in Cent OS 7 and ran successfully to check F20 partitions are healthy.
Old 21st August 2014, 02:11 AM
BBQdave Offline
The Ubu-Grillmaster

linuxchrome

Kinda digging F20 Gnome 3 with Google Chrome

I like the layout and flow of Gnome 3, of course, I've been a fan for awhile

And my smart device phone is winning me over to the value of Chrome and Google applications. So I am liking this combination, plus the power of Fedora Linux.

Thank you to all that develop, support and offer sage advice with Fedora Linux
Old 21st August 2014, 06:34 AM
hiGuys Offline

linuxfirefox

I'd like to say thank you to all who contribute so much hard work and time to the development of open source software, enabling folks around the world to be just that much more free from the corporate overlords. The more familiar I become with the various options available in the world of Linux, I'd also like to extend a hardy thank you to the Fedora family - this is a great operating system and I'm indebted to all who contribute to it.
Old 4th September 2014, 09:03 AM
markosb Offline

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

Hey, guys! I'm definitely not a Linux noob, but I am new to Fedora. And after years of Ubuntu, Mint and other distros (can't even remember them all), I think I might finally found the right one! I was hesitant to try Fedora because a couple of friends were complaining about 'user-friendliness', but the fear is gone now - Fedora. Simply. Rocks.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:30 PM
Gh0zt36 Offline

linuxfirefox

I would also like to say thank you to the fedora team for providing a secure SE alternative to the lamestream OSes that permiate the world. I came to nix orig with a lot of people on ubuntu then mint . I stayed with mint for awhile but just didnt really have the security I was looking for . Then tried Fedora . LOVED IT ! I really appreciate the home /dir encryption on install . Had some asthetic issues I thought were kinda blah then found KDE . A masterpiece !!

I use to be a winders mega whiz cause I'd started with pc with an 80/88 with 640k mem an 384 extended a 40mg HDD 5.25 floppy and DOS 2.0 and a 1200baud modem . So from there you can really only go up (cept for the first modern pc 80/86 )

And now after having been off winderz for 6-7 years I barely remember dos commands ( which I was very surprised some work in Terminal )

I was a learning curve for sure but with the incredible support of fedora devs and the community at large its been a very pleasant experience. And to boot I never get tired of the faces of folks who see it and are like " How did you get a Mac OS to work on a toshiba ?? " hahaha

I've since converted many people to Fedora from windows. Some keep it some revert as some people get a bit intimidated at learning a new OS .

But again I will never leave it . I hope Fedora is around forever with the KDE iteration .

Old 16th September 2014, 09:29 AM
Maryyy Offline

windows_7firefox

Ok.
Since my time is getting short and life is an all time changing beast to deal with, I have to thank for being part of the forum for that rather long time.
That mixture of opinions and moods from members was definitely a positive experience.
If I ever made someone angry, sorry. If I made someone laughing, good.

And thanks must go to the admins too, you people are the better admin bunch out there, many are not so forgiving, thanks.

Be well and enjoy yourselves, rest comes along by itself.

Marek K.
Old 16th September 2014, 04:10 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox

That sounds a little ominous, Marek! It's been a pleasure having you aboard.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:20 PM
Maryyy Offline

linuxfirefox

Aaah, sorry Dan, nothing bad on the horizon or something! Sorry if it sounded like that.
I will just not have the time for forum and many other things after tomorrow, direction is now steering somewhere else a bit sooner than expected and my full focus is needed.

Thanks Dan.
Old 17th September 2014, 02:01 AM
bushpilot Offline

linuxfirefox
Smile Re: Got something good to say? ...

Fedora 20 Xfce is a great distro. Started out in Ubuntu a few years age and moved to Debian. Fedora is a delight to use and I run it along side Debian 7 Xfce. If I had a newer computer Fedora would be my distro of choice. I am amazed at the stability of this distro and the great graphics it provides. Cannot say anything negative about Fedora. Keep up the good work. Age 79 and counting.
Old 19th October 2014, 08:41 PM
Vareg Offline

linuxfirefox

Since 2003 I have been using almost only redhat-based ose's, I even have F8 running on an old machine as of now. Redhat-based systems are the only systems that can normally run on amd64 hardware. As every or every *nix user/admin I have had many frustrating experiences in over 10 years and made it public, but nowadays, helped by the efforts of the community, Fedora empowers everything in my life, from my freelance work to my personal life, everything running even more smoothly than on windows. I have loved bsd's in the past for partly its romantic user-unfriendliness, but I then did not have to rely on it so much. Nowadays, thanks to the work of thousands, one does not have to mount everything every time, and AV works out of the box, etc., linux software counterparts have become so rich, allowing someone like me to operate both work and personal life on the same great station. Thanks to anyone who contributed to making Fedora what it is today, which does not force you to dual boot anymore, and which brings you complete efficiency and freedom
https://google.com/+RolandCLEMENCEAU
Old 2nd November 2014, 02:49 AM
solo2101 Offline

linuxchrome

I just installed fedora 20, net install... gotta say, looks and feels good solid. Me likes.
Old 19th November 2014, 06:34 AM
hiGuys Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

For whatever reason, I did not ever discover the functionality of:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Featur...ommandNotFound

whereby typing in a command for a package not on the system will trigger an offer to install the package, until toying around with the Fedora 21 Beta. Apparently it is not enabled by default in Fedora 15-20 (reckoning on the fact I never disabled it, and certainly received many command not found messages for valid package names/commands without any such offer to install the said package)....

At any rate, I am writing to give a big thanks to the creators of this function and to whoever decided to include it enabled by default in Fedora 21 - else I may never have discovered it!

Tags
good