Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th March 2017, 05:34 PM
palaste Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Themes not working correctly after upgrade from Fedora 23 to Fedora 25

I recently upgraded from Fedora 23 to Fedora 25. Everything seems to have otherwise worked well, but the first thing I noticed is that all the windows had gone different-looking because of new themes.
I'm using Cinnamon as my desktop as the new Gnome desktop is too difficult.
I opened the "Themes" preferences and tried to set the look of window controls. I clicked on "Controls" and it showed a pop-up menu of available styles, but there are only a few options available: Adwaita, Arc, Arc-Dark, Arc-Dark-Solid, Arc-Solid and HighContrast. There are a few others listed but they don't seem to do anything.
Whichever option I choose (except HighContrast, which I don't like), some applications, such as the Gnome Terminal and GThumb, have a dark background in their windows instead of a light one. I would want them to have a light background but can't seem to be able to.
I can install more themes from the net by clicking on "Add/remove themes" in the "Themes" preferences, but no matter which themes I install, the "Controls" setting always has the same options available. The new themes don't seem to affect this.
Am I doing something wrong here? Or is Cinnamon somehow incompatible with Fedora 25?
I think I can supply screenshots demonstrating the problem if required.

Tags
correctly, fedora, themes, upgrade, working