Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th March 2017, 03:59 PM
ColinA Offline

linuxfirefox
Fedora 25 upgrade from Fedora 22

Hi
I am trying to upgrade my Fed 22 system to Fed25 using "DNF upgrade Ver 0.7.1.1-1.fc2.noarch" but on downloading the new packages I get an error message that the RPM-GPG-KEY -fedora-25-x86_64 could not be opened. I then copied the missing primary and secondary keys from the keys website to /etc/pki/rpm-gpg and set up a sym link named Fedora 25-86_64, to the Fedora 25 primary.The error messages are shown below
================================================== =====================================
First error message-:

warning:

/var/lib/dnf/system-upgrade/libnm-qt-0.9.8.3-4.fc23.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fdb19c98: NOKEY

Curl error (37):

Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-25-x86_64 [Couldn't open file /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-25-x86_64]
================================================== =====================================

Subsequent Error message after installing the missing keys-:

warning:

/var/lib/dnf/system-upgrade/libnm-qt-0.9.8.3-4.fc23.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fdb19c98: NOKEY

Error:

The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 25 - x86_64" repository are already installed but they are not correct for this package.

Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository. Failing package is: libnm-qt-2:0.9.8.3-4.fc23.x86_64

GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-25-x86_64

There seems to be a clash in versions of libnm-qt referred to.What do I need to do next to proceed?

Colin
Old 15th March 2017, 04:17 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

linuxchrome
Re: Fedora 25 upgrade from Fedora 22

I'm not sure why this is a fc23 package in the mix here, but try this:
Code:
ls /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ | grep fedora-23-primary
Hopefully, you should see: RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-23-primary

If so, then do, as root:
Code:
# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-23-primary
Then try the upgrade again. Jumping from 22 > 25 is iffy at best. The upgrade process isn't really designed for such a large jump. Current installed release plus two should be the maximum attempted. Anything more than that is.....well, good luck.
Old 15th March 2017, 09:09 PM
ColinA Offline

linuxfirefox

Hi Thanks for Replying. Fed 23 files were present and contained keys but I am still seeing the same error messages! Any other Ideas I could try. If all else fails I could try upgrading to Fed 24 and then going to Fed 25.
Cheers Colin
Old 15th March 2017, 10:33 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

Was F22 still using fedup as the system upgrade path?.. I can't recall. Regardless, "dnf system-upgrade" has been the tool for the past two releases, at least, if not more. Yes, you might have better luck going to 24 first. Be sure to use rpm --import to "import" all the primary keys for fedora and rpmfusion that are for 23 and 24 though. The bulk of the files there are just symlinks to the real key file.
Old 5th April 2017, 09:09 AM
ColinA Offline

linuxfirefox
Solved-Re: Fedora 25 upgrade from Fedora 22

Hi Pablo et all
I decided to try an upgrade from 22 to 24. I used "dnf clean packages" to remove the bits of fed25 in cache but the resulting message didn't seem very clear. I then went ahead using the update system to update to fed24. The download didn't generate any error messages but I noticed that it seemed to be downloading quite a few F25 files!. Anyway I decided to trigger the upgrade and left it doing its thing. When I returned there was a message saying that it had dumped me into a emergency shell and that there was an info file available. Reading this it appeared that the boot had stopped when fsck could not do an automatic check on "/dev/mapper/fedora-root". Running fsck manually on the target did work and I was subsequently able to use "startx" to get a working Gnome display. As I usually use KDE I then struggled with Gnome until I could get back into a terminal and then installed the KDE package using "dnf". I also had problems with dependacies with this and it was asking for a couple of F25 files. having installed these I now had a working Plasma desktop (Hooray). I finished by downloading the latest updates using "Yumex" These also all seemed to be F25 versions and at the end I seem to have a working Fedora 25 in spite of trying to upgrade to Fedora 24!
I will now quit while I am ahead. NEVER GIVE UP. Colin

Tags
fedora, fedora25, upgrade