Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th March 2017, 11:17 PM
Jscoff Offline

windows_7chrome
No apt get install in Fedora version

Hello!

I'd like to check the following question:

Few times ago I bought Lenovo Beacon NAS (and regretted about that for already 100 times..)..

It has some kind of Lunix running as OS:

Code:
[root@BEACON ~]# cat /etc/*-release
Fedora release 16 (Verne)

It has XBMC service running on board. But the version of this media server is very old, it does not support a lot of video (only few formats and few codecs). I wanted to upgrade the version to the newest one (which was renamed to KODI). But seems I don't have package installer in that OS:

Code:
[root@BEACON ~]# apt-get install kodi
-bash: apt-get: command not found
I'd like to ask your help in solving this issue. I'm completely noob in unix systems, so I'm not sure how to act...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Please let me know if you need any other information (with example of command to get the info, please =))

Tags
apt, fedora, install, version

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search