Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th December 2009, 01:20 AM
zoomzilla Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
How to clean up unused packages

Hi All,

I've been running fedora 12 for a few weeks now and I was wondering how to clean up all of my unused files. I have accumulated quite a bit of software in the form of updates and downloaded packages since starting and I can only assume these are going to continue to build. I have rpmorphan and it lists all of the programs I'm not using but I'm wary of it because it lists WINE as one I haven't used but I use it everyday to play a game. I'm afraid I'll erase something I need, but I'd like to keep my system as clean and slimmed down as possible. Anyone have any adivce?
Old 6th December 2009, 01:28 AM
SlowJet Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
man package-cleanup
--dups
--cleandupes
--orphans

Note: such programs refer to the active repos, so if a package came from outer space, then its parents are not in the repo house.

SJ

Tags
clean, packages, unused

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search