Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd December 2009, 07:33 PM
tparker Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
sound fluxuates on DVD play?

I am playing a legally purchased, factory made movie DVD, but the sound is going up and down, too low to hear up to super loud and back all throughout the movie. The meters on my volume controls do not change, just the way I hear it changes. I am assuming it is some type of DRM, but is there any way around it? Other movies and shows work fine, all other sound on the system works fine, the video on this one works fine, and it does this in both mplayer and xine.

I'm in Fedora 11 and the system is using pulseaudio (I can't find a way to get rid of it without it wanting to rip the rest of the system out, too).

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM CST ----------

Something about that disk did change sound on my system - all other sound was working before I tried to watch that movie, now the computer acts as if some parts of sound are not there. If I try to watch a show on Hulu or to listen to an MP3 in Rhythmbox, all I can hear is the background music, no voices. On Hulu I can hear the music in the back of the scene, but none of the actors voices. In Rhythmbox I can hear the music itself, but not the singer's voice. I have been through all the settings I can find in pulseaudio and everything is maxed out, nothing muted. Trying to google I get stuff about voice chat not working, but nothing like this. Can anyone point me where to look to fix this?

Tags
dvd, fluxuates, play, sound