Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th March 2012, 12:47 PM
provinciano Offline

linuxfirefox
Installation, FC16, and more

I have recently installed FC16 32 bit. I downloaded, burned a DVD and installed. When I installed, I sometimes needed to click the button more than once. It seemed lazy and it was necessary to push it.

Now there are some problems with the connection to and disconnection from the system.

The screen of sign in(connection) is not always on the same place. It is not centred. And it is not totally visible. It is necessary to use the mouse to place it in a way that is possible to inform the password. The size of the font is bigger than usual.
And a message appears under that screen. It says:

Oh no! Some thing has gone wrong
A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please contact a system administrator.
A problem has occurred
A problem in gnome-settings-daemon

After informing the password and doing enter, it goes fine.

In the end of work, when I want to close the computer, I can't see the shutdown icon. It needs first to do logout. And almost always the shtudown icon is not visible. So, it is more comfortable to do shutdown using the command line.

What's going wrong? Does anybody know?

Last edited by provinciano; 28th March 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: errors in English

Tags
fc16, installation