Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th August 2012, 06:58 PM
rohanimb Offline

linuxfirefox
How to disable "authentication required by Wireless network" Popup

Hi,

I am using HP laptop with fedora 17. I use wireless network, when ever my Wireless router turnsoff fedora showing a popup message asking for Wireless network password and the popup will not close until I manually cancel it. The problem is, when the router turns off due to power failure, then I am getting this popup window and system not connecting to wireless network eventhough the router got power and network activated. The popup stays on the screen until I manually click connect/cancel button. does anybody know how to disable this popup and make network manager work like in windows where it doesnt ask for network password every time of power failure of router. Please find below screenshot

Thank you.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:33 AM
trigpoint Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: How to disable "authentication required by Wireless network" Popup

You could try disabling wireless and then re-enable it.

However if my router was loosing that often, fedora wouldn't be the problem I was trying to fix.
Old 29th August 2012, 01:15 AM
Doug G Offline

windows_7chrome

The same problem started happening very intermittently on my Toshiba laptop when I upgraded to F16. My guess is the problem is somehow linked to power management and suspend but that's strictly a guess.

Anyway, I have always had to power off and reboot to clear out the problem. I don't think it's strictly a hardware issue, but maybe some acpi bios incompatibility or something.
Old 30th August 2012, 12:02 AM
Dutchy Online

linuxfirefox

You could try to play with the options in /apps/nm-applet/ with gconf-editor.

Tags
disable, network popup, popup, wireless password