Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Other Versions > F26 Development Forum
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F26 Development Forum F26 Development Forum Pretty much exactly what it sounds like it is. This is the place to discuss and assist in the community development of F26. WARNING: Any pre-release versions, Beta included, are for experienced testers only. Back up all existing data and read all threads in the version Development Forum before attempting an install. Errors can and will likely occur which may include data destruction or inability to boot other partitions on any and possibly all attached hard drives. While FedoraProject needs and appreciates testers, you must remember to report issues directly to Bugzilla, after checking for pre-existing bugs.

Old 19th April 2017, 07:07 AM
thick0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
F26 alpha, oops

Hi,

Today I attempted to install the F26 alpha. Not good. I copied the image to USB And ran on both my PC & laptop so I was quite confident (this does usually just work). When I went to the PC to install it I got to the stage of installing software and reached 41%. The GUI then crashed out and the log shows (different message every time)
Quote:
A start job is running for Hold until boot process finishes up (30s/no limit)
Quote:
Delayed block allocation failed for inode 291883 at logical offset 0 with mix (??) blocking 1 with error 5
Not sure about the last message which I copied by hand. These messages came out on different installs and the install pretty much locked up at that point.

I just fell back to F25 (also alpha, groan) and I am now back to where I was this morning. Could someone pls advise where the beta is up to? Like is there a version I can play with? Is it worth reporting the bug against the alpha which is now one week old?

BTW and for reference the alpha version is
Quote:
Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-26_Alpha-1.7.iso
Cheers
Old 19th April 2017, 09:00 AM
antikythera Online
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: F26 alpha, oops

try this nightly, it's the last known good compose listed here

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/c...170414.n.0.iso

it contains any updates since the alpha compose but is not an officially supported build. there are no beta builds available yet.
| Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates
Old 19th April 2017, 10:02 AM
thick0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

thanks, that is a good link to have.

Can I just ask whether this is the pathway to the beta? Noting that this is not an officially supported release but if I download the last known good build and upgrade with dnf every night, will I end up with the final F26 build?

Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 08:17 PM
dd_wizard Online

linuxfedorafirefox

The simple, yet correct answer, yes.

dd_wizard
Old 14th May 2017, 10:43 PM
thick0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hi All,

some of the links posted by anti in comment #2 are broken with a 404 message. EG I get
Quote:
The requested URL /compose/branched/Fedora-26-20170414.n.0/compose/Workstation/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-26-20170414.n.0.iso was not found on this server.
From here https://www.happyassassin.net/nightlies.html

It seems like only the live workstation builds are in this state. Happy to wait for the next iteration but is it worth noting on bugzilla?

Cheers
Old 14th May 2017, 10:48 PM
antikythera Online
Administrator

linuxchrome

yep, the direct ISO link I posted last month would indeed be broken by now. they don't store nightlies for long because of space limitations. that's why I posted adam's nightly finder link as well
Old 14th May 2017, 11:55 PM
thick0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

okay, that answers my question. The workstation build hasn't updated since April 14 so I guess it has been removed.

Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 03:24 AM
lsatenstein Online

linuxchrome

I have been testing the confirmed nightly versions​. I had installed the live workstation and network versions. There is a minor irritant with Wayland but otherwise, F26 looks good. The best suggestion is to download tha alpha version and with dnf update, bring your installation up to date in one end run.

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840
Old 15th May 2017, 09:02 AM
antikythera Online
Administrator

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by thick0 View Post
okay, that answers my question. The workstation build hasn't updated since April 14 so I guess it has been removed.

Thanks
It has been updated but for some reason the tests aren't being flagged as known good. However, I'm not sure what that check entails. the newer builds may work fine. The only F26 MATE nightly build I have downloaded never passed known good and works okay.

Tags
alpha, f26, oops