Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
  #1  
Old 3rd November 2016, 04:16 PM
nobody Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: München, Deutschland
Posts: 661
windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Trying to update existing install to rawhide - GPG file error

Very interesting discussion. I like it. So let me get piece of it. Let me play more... Let me as well go to rawhide!

How I will go to rawhide??? Simple. I will expose the least important component. Isolated from the rest... And here is the explanation:

http://www.forums.fedoraforum.org/sh...d.php?t=311799

[1] I run on bare HP EliteBook 840 G1 notebook (Dual CORE i5-4300U (HSW mobile sku)) WIN10 64 PRO;
[2] On the top of it I run VMWorkstation 12.5 64bit VMWare VMM/HYP Type 2;
[3] On the top of it I run Fedora 25 Beta x86_64 VM, where I installed virtualbox from ORACLE;
[4] On the top of Fedora 25 Beta x86_64 VM I run virtualbox, VMM/Hyp Type 2;
[5] On the top of virtualbox I'll upgrade my F25 x86_64 to rawhide! And, I'll install VirtualBox on the top of it! Crazy, isn't it???

(VMM in VMM in VMM, VMM recursion on three levels)

_nobody_
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 3rd November 2016, 04:34 PM
Jeff Sadowski Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 476
linuxchrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Very interesting discussion. I like it. So let me get piece of it. Let me play more... Let me as well go to rawhide!

How I will go to rawhide??? Simple. I will expose the least important component. Isolated from the rest... And here is the explanation:

http://www.forums.fedoraforum.org/sh...d.php?t=311799

[1] I run on bare HP EliteBook 840 G1 notebook (Dual CORE i5-4300U (HSW mobile sku)) WIN10 64 PRO;
[2] On the top of it I run VMWorkstation 12.5 64bit VMWare VMM/HYP Type 2;
[3] On the top of it I run Fedora 25 Beta x86_64 VM, where I installed virtualbox from ORACLE;
[4] On the top of Fedora 25 Beta x86_64 VM I run virtualbox, VMM/Hyp Type 2;
[5] On the top of virtualbox I'll upgrade my F25 x86_64 to rawhide! And, I'll install VirtualBox on the top of it! Crazy, isn't it???

(VMM in VMM in VMM, VMM recursion on three levels)

_nobody_
Why not just run virtualbox on windows and run both instances of linux under it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 3rd November 2016, 05:55 PM
nobody Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: München, Deutschland
Posts: 661
windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Question Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Sadowski View Post
Why not just run virtualbox on windows and run both instances of linux under it?
Jeff,

It is obvious that I know what you have proposed as use case to me. But I like to make it spicy. To make it very interesting/tricky.

BTW, I am failing in my described attempts. Here is the transcript how I fail (while issuing command: dnf releasever=rawhide update):

Quote:
(837/837): zenity-3.22.0-1.fc26.x86_64.rpm 1.0 MB/s | 749 kB 00:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 1.4 MB/s | 902 MB 10:54
warning: /var/cache/dnf/updates-f2bc174df9355ab8/packages/kernel-core-4.9.0-0.rc2.git2.1.fc26.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 64dab85d: NOKEY
Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide-x86_64 [Couldn't open file /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide-x86_64]
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
[root@localhost ~]#
I need here some assistance (too lazy to search over the net, and I know there are people knowing the answer/solution on the top of their heads)... Please!

_nobody_
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:05 PM
Jeff Sadowski Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 476
linuxchrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Jeff,

It is obvious that I know what you have proposed as use case to me. But I like to make it spicy. To make it very interesting/tricky.

BTW, I am failing in my described attempts. Here is the transcript how I fail (while issuing command: dnf releasever=rawhide update):



I need here some assistance (too lazy to search over the net, and I know there are people knowing the answer/solution on the top of their heads)... Please!

_nobody_
I had to use a rawhide installer the upgrade path never worked for me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:35 PM
srakitnican Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,292
linuxchrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

There is not such release "rawhide" instead you should disable repoes such as "fedora" and "updates" and enable rawhide repo.

Code:
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled fedora
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled updates
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled updates-testing
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled rawhide
$ sudo dnf upgrade
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:54 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,047
linuxfedorachrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

according to the instructions here --releasever=rawhide is valid for this command:

Code:
sudo dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --releasever=rawhide
It's step 4 of the entire sequence of steps to upgrade from one release to another using dnf system upgrade.
__________________
Download, Install and Share Fedora - Official ISO Torrents | Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3rd November 2016, 09:18 PM
Jeff Sadowski Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 476
linuxchrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by srakitnican View Post
There is not such release "rawhide" instead you should disable repoes such as "fedora" and "updates" and enable rawhide repo.

Code:
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled fedora
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled updates
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled updates-testing
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled rawhide
$ sudo dnf upgrade
Now I remember I used a FC24 network bootable iso and pointed it to the rawhide repo method to install mine
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:15 PM
nobody Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: München, Deutschland
Posts: 661
windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Question Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
according to the instructions here --releasever=rawhide is valid for this command:

Code:
sudo dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --releasever=rawhide
It's step 4 of the entire sequence of steps to upgrade from one release to another using dnf system upgrade.
Since I did first and second step before (according to the manual), I did the following:

# dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade
# dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --releasever=rawhide

The last step resulted with the similar, but different error.

Quote:
[SKIPPED] zenity-3.22.0-1.fc26.x86_64.rpm: Already downloaded
warning: /var/lib/dnf/system-upgrade/bluez-5.42-2.fc26.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 64dab85d: NOKEY
Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide-x86_64 [Couldn't open file /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide-x86_64]
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
[root@localhost ~]#
My best guess is that this method should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srakitnican View Post
There is not such release "rawhide" instead you should disable repoes such as "fedora" and "updates" and enable rawhide repo.

Quote:
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled fedora
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled updates
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled updates-testing
$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled rawhide
$ sudo dnf upgrade
Command in RED does not work. It gave the following error message: ERROR: No matching repo to modify: rawhide.

_nobody_

Last edited by nobody; 3rd November 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:47 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,047
linuxfedorachrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

I think the error indicates that your pc has the F26 GPG key saved but it can't be read. it might be worth seeing if you can import the key manually to replace it.

the explanation and instructions are here. All current keys can be found here

Jeff, would you like this rawhide upgrade discussion splitting to a new thread so yours doesn't get hi-jacked?
__________________
Download, Install and Share Fedora - Official ISO Torrents | Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:01 PM
Jeff Sadowski Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 476
linuxchrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
I think the error indicates that your pc has the F26 GPG key saved but it can't be read. it might be worth seeing if you can import the key manually to replace it.

the explanation and instructions are here. All current keys can be found here

Jeff, would you like this rawhide upgrade discussion splitting to a new thread so yours doesn't get hi-jacked?
Yes please
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 4th November 2016, 07:57 AM
srakitnican Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,292
linuxchrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
I think the error indicates that your pc has the F26 GPG key saved but it can't be read. it might be worth seeing if you can import the key manually to replace it.

the explanation and instructions are here. All current keys can be found here

Jeff, would you like this rawhide upgrade discussion splitting to a new thread so yours doesn't get hi-jacked?

Well I don't think you can get keys for rawhide, even if you do packages are not signed.


@nobody If you want to go that route you have to use --nogpgcheck option.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 4th November 2016, 09:03 AM
nobody Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: München, Deutschland
Posts: 661
windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Thumbs up Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by srakitnican View Post
@nobody If you want to go that route you have to use --nogpgcheck option.
Hello srakitnican,

Thank you very much for an advice! I have tried this advice. Here are the results, as my contribution back to the community:

According to the manual, I did the following:

# dnf upgrade --refresh
# dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade
# dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --nogpgcheck --releasever=rawhide

It passed the troubled point... I know that at this point this switch --nogpgcheck is a workaround, but I'll take it as granted, since I am anyway working with rawhide repository.

Than I did the last step:
# sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot

Worked without any error.

This issue is solved.

Thank you again,
_nobody_
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 4th November 2016, 09:28 AM
srakitnican Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,292
linuxchrome
Re: Trying to update existing install to rawhide - GPG file error

This is what I mean there is no release "rawhide", can you find rawhide here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/tree/
That is why rawhide is using special repo configuration file.


@nobody Well it worked for the upgrade, but what happens now if you try to upgrade packages, e.g. did it enable rawhide repo? "dnf --refresh upgrade"?

Code:
$ sudo dnf repolist
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 4th November 2016, 10:37 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,047
linuxfedorachrome
Re: kernel 4.9.0rc0 4.9.0rc1 virtualbox didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by srakitnican View Post
Well I don't think you can get keys for rawhide, even if you do packages are not signed
Well the F26 key is the current rawhide package key, there would be little point in them releasing one if package maintainers aren't meant to use it with rawhide. F26 has not been branched yet.
__________________
Download, Install and Share Fedora - Official ISO Torrents | Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 4th November 2016, 11:32 AM
nobody Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: München, Deutschland
Posts: 661
windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Thumbs up Re: Trying to update existing install to rawhide - GPG file error

Quote:
Originally Posted by srakitnican View Post
@nobody Well it worked for the upgrade, but what happens now if you try to upgrade packages, e.g. did it enable rawhide repo? "dnf --refresh upgrade"?

Code:
$ sudo dnf repolist
CLI traces are worth 1000nd words!

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# dnf clean all
55 files removed
[root@localhost ~]# dnf clean all
0 files removed
[root@localhost ~]# dnf upgrade --refresh
Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental packages for t 1.3 MB/s |  51 MB     00:38    
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:36 ago on Fri Nov 04 11:17:37 2016 CET.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
[root@localhost ~]# uname -r
4.9.0-0.rc2.git2.1.fc26.x86_64
[root@localhost ~]# dnf repolist
Last metadata expiration check: 0:06:34 ago on Fri Nov 04 11:17:37 2016 CET.
repo id  repo name                                                        status
*rawhide Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental packages for the next Fedora re 52,032
[root@localhost ~]#
_nobody_
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
error, existing, file, gpg, install, rawhide, update

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yum update error - rawhide!!! pgw Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only) 9 28th February 2009 02:47 AM
yum update ERROR (file conflict) sara200t Using Fedora 2 18th September 2008 05:57 AM
Fedora 8 install error mounting existing /home hrabeX Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 4 10th November 2007 04:23 PM
Error during install after upgrade existing Next button zx5000 Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 0 29th April 2006 04:05 PM


Current GMT-time: 04:58 (Thursday, 25-05-2017)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2012, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

FedoraForum is Powered by RedHat