Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st April 2015, 08:26 PM
beighes Online

Location: Near Intel, Apple, AMD, Google, & the rest of the Corporate HQ's ......yuk!
linuxfedorafirefox
No F11 key to full screen?

Greeting to all, & in advsnce, my thanks. We recently acquired "She Who Must be Obeyed's " alloy iMac7.1 from her office. F21 was a simple install, & so far, so good.......except for one trivisl item. The F11 key, no longer allows going to full screen, It appears to control, or want to , audio volume. Simple question, is it the natiure of Fedora on a Mac, or is there some method to enable full screen viewing. Please forgive me, I may be in Silicon Valley, but I am not a techie. No offense intended to those that are.
Cheers..................
Old 5th May 2015, 01:28 AM
Cuvou Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: No F11 key to full screen?

Have you tried holding the Fn key when hitting F11? Even on OS X, all of the F* keys have other functions (volume control, brightness, etc.) and you have to hit e.g. Fn+F11 if you want to input the F11 key.
Old 5th May 2015, 05:06 AM
flyingfsck Offline

linuxfirefox

FWIIW, F11 fullscreen doesn't work on my Lenovo either.
Old 7th May 2015, 07:09 PM
beighes Online

Location: Near Intel, Apple, AMD, Google, & the rest of the Corporate HQ's ......yuk!
linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuvou View Post
Have you tried holding the Fn key when hitting F11? Even on OS X, all of the F* keys have other functions (volume control, brightness, etc.) and you have to hit e.g. Fn+F11 if you want to input the F11 key.
My apologies for the delayed reply....been a bit busy. My thanks for the suggestion!! ! Fn / F11 together works.

Cheers!.....

Tags
f11, key, screen