Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 19th May 2017, 11:40 AM
yigit Offline

windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Fedora 25 boot problem /run/initramfs...

Hi everyone

I don't know how it has happened , last time when I working on computer, everything was ok, I shut down normally but yesterday I pushed the power button and bad surprise :

It did not boot and I saw this :

I have searched on internet but could not find something,

Thanks in advance
Old 19th May 2017, 12:06 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: Fedora 25 boot problem /run/initramfs...

please try and do what it says, copy the report to USB stick and see what the contents of that says. then post the contents here in code boxes if it isn't too long and you can't find any information from the internet which explains any errors it contains.
Old 19th May 2017, 01:06 PM
yigit Offline

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
please try and do what it says, copy the report to USB stick and see what the contents of that says. then post the contents here in code boxes if it isn't too long and you can't find any information from the internet which explains any errors it contains.
I tried bt It hangs on that screen, nothing happens.. Waited for about 30 minutes.

I want to reinstall Fedora but I could not make custom partitioning, I am deleting /root and /swap and /boot (and don't touch /home) but I can't add new /root or /swap partition, partitioner always display available size: 1 GB...

I really don't know how to manage it
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:07 PM
txell Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hi group:
I've got into the same issue following a routinely updating session. I run (meant, 'was' running) fedora25 on a USB drive. Any clue please, about how-to cp the `/run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt file` to a e.g. flash drive and checking out content ?

I also have an extra usb-live with a previous version (fedora23) I can boot from there but found out that without access to the home partition in the affected one.

I'd appreciate any clue on this.
Old 25th May 2017, 03:09 PM
yigit Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I have re-installed xfce spin and problem solved

Tags
boot, fedora, or run or initramfs, problem