Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th May 2017, 02:34 AM
MicahPendleton Offline

linuxchrome
Nividia drivers in F25

Can I get a second opinion on the following tutorial on how to install the Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1060:
https://linuxconfig.org/nvidia-gefor...a-linux-64-bit

Or is there an easier way to do this... preferably using a GUI or a single commend through RPMFusion? I have dual monitors and can only boot with one plugged in right now using Nouveau(or what ever is stock in F25) I'm using the KDE spin.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

If I recall correctly on Ubuntu I could just do --SUDO APT-GET INSTALL NVIDIA-DRIVERS-- is there anything similar for Fedora?
Old 17th May 2017, 03:03 AM
ghost_ryder35 Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Nividia drivers in F25

You can enable RPM Fusion repository, if you do not already have it enabled, by following these instructions: https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

Once you have RPM Fusion enabled, you can install the drivers following these instructions:
https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia

Let us know if you need some more guidance.
Old 17th May 2017, 03:09 AM
MicahPendleton Offline

linuxchrome

Thanks Ghost Ryder! I'll give it a try right now.
Old 17th May 2017, 04:11 AM
MicahPendleton Offline

linuxchrome

Installed, rebooted and seems to be working great!!! The instructions said to disable secure boot, but, my MOBO (Asus X99-E) does not seem to allow you to disable, HOWEVER, I was able to change the secure boot mode from "Windows UEFI" to "Other OS".

Cons so far:
When I start up, only one monitor turns on at first and the Fedora booting logo is very low res, then the system seems to load the drivers, the second monitor then turns on, and everything works great. Obviously not a problem, just a little blemish.

Also, when I first opened up Chrome after the first reboot there was a glitching type artifacting when I was typing and the suggestions showed below. After second reboot this does not seem to be an issue.

BIGGEST ISSUE!!!! I installed the Cuda toolkit and I can't find Cuda in Blender as a render device option! I would really like to have this option, so any tips here would be greatly appreciated!

Either way... Thank you SO MUCH for the help! It was exactly what I was looking for!
Old 17th May 2017, 06:20 PM
vallimar Offline

windows_7chrome

This might be a better option: http://negativo17.org/nvidia-driver-...for-fedora-25/

Tags
drivers, f25, nividia