Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Wibble
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Wibble A place to have a sensible chat, about anything non linux related. Please remember that political and religious topics are not permitted.

Old 11th May 2017, 08:31 PM
dd_wizard Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Microsoft Issues Emergency Out-Of-Band Update to Fix "Crazy Bad" Vulnerability

This is another scary MS vulnerability. This time, it affects everybody.

dd_wizard
Old 11th May 2017, 09:29 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Re: Microsoft Issues Emergency Out-Of-Band Update to Fix "Crazy Bad" Vulnerability

defender is disabled by my 3rd-party security product so my systems aren't vulnerable to that exploit

it is concerning that this kind of threat is being developed though as it won't be long before it can target other AV real-time scanners too.
Old 11th May 2017, 09:40 PM
dd_wizard Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Microsoft Issues Emergency Out-Of-Band Update to Fix "Crazy Bad" Vulnerability

Actually, do a web search and you should find the ones it already has affected. IIRC, Norton is one of them. I'm not that worried though, I only run Windows in VMs any more.

dd_wizard
Old 11th May 2017, 10:19 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

Looks like it is okay. Anyhow it's fully updated so if the risk is there hopefully it will be dealt with given the time that has passed since the exploit was made public. I'm not overly concerned either just interested in how these threats are dealt with as they develop